Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oh, golly it's Killdozer

I suppose the big news around here today is that finally after months, years even, of threatening the EPJ is finally getting that pool. We're all about fiddling whilst Rome burns around here. My family took that unnecessary (but greatly enjoyed and sadly too short) England trip; the EPJ helps out the financial situation by paying a crew to park some heavy machinery in her yard and dig a big hole. We are nothing if not good Americans.

So in between her judgely duties, she's been taking regular trips to her house to chart the progress. She's even been taking pictures to document the progress or perhaps to see where it all went wrong. Ordinarily, I'd threaten to put those pictures up here, but even I have my limits. And since she referred to the bulldozer driver as an "artist", I'm almost tempted. But no matter how skilled, I see no need to put more pictures of smoking, overweight dudes whose butt cracks are showing on the interwebs. Nevertheless, the EPJ has sent all her closest buds and family regular updates today so regardless of how rough your life is, it could be worse. You could be in her address book.

The time frame for the completion is supposed to be a couple of weeks. A period which, to me, seemed a bit quick, but then we're only talking about digging a big hole, pouring some concrete in and filling 'er up. Plus I figure the EPJ will head out to the backyard this evening with her own shovel to speed up the process. I keed her but in fairness this is something she's been threatening to do for several years. She figured since the world is going to hell, and the good folk of our county will let her wear the iron fist for four more years, now was a good time to do it. Okay, maybe her granddaughter had something to do with it. But that's really not as snarkable a reason now is it?

Of course, tomorrow I'll be taking Marisol in for her Lasik surgery. Wouldn't want her to feel left out of all this recession-era spending. So if anybody needs some glasses, there's about to be a pair available. Though I quite like her glasses (on her, not me) I'm excited about her excitement. I know, awww.

No comments: