Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Laziness pt. 12

Here it is folks. The Jeremy Stairway to the Stars rolling ladder. (Bonus points if anybody gets the reference) It's nestled deep within the confines of the ginormous WFMU record library in Jersey City, NJ and is mine all mine for the next year. Or at least the naming rights. I suspect if I marched up to WFMU and asked to step on my ladder I would probably be forcibly removed by one of the station's numerous hired goons. Freeform radio being a rather dangerous business, you know.

So what does owning the naming rights mean? Virtually nothing beside causing me to feel good about helping out the greatest radio station in the world and getting my name on a picture of not great quality on the station's flickr page. Sadly, this means more to me than it probably should.

Of course, there's probably some dude somewhere who's bummed that he didn't get the naming rights to that ladder and will have to settle for naming the station trash bin. Funny thing about altruism, somebody always gets hurt.

No comments: