Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Laziness pt. 8

I suppose a marathon is anything but laziness, still, them's hows I play it. I'll get around to recapping my marathon weekend tonight or tomorrow, but for now just enjoy a couple of pictures that prove I was there. Or I did it. Or I'm insane. Or far too old to be a non-Furry and still want to take pictures with folks in giant mice costumes. Bonus points: spot the hole in my shirt in the photo above. Minnie had just planted one on me. Sorry, MB, still trying to find that photo. Mickey clearly annoyed at her but nonetheless jazzed to see I'm a proud supporter of WFMU.

Did the marathon in 5:36, which beat last year by about 10 minutes. Was on a 4:30 pace until Mile 19 and was still on a 4:50 pace until mile 23 (this is darn near peak for me in a marathon) and then time became very quick and I became very tired. Didn't do as good as I could have but, who cares, I finished. Those were goals 1-8. Goal 9 being staying out of the medical tent, check. And Goal 10: beating last year's time. Great weekend overall.

1 comment:

Chris <>< said...

congrats....
Now... "it was the best of times it was the BLURST of times?" STUPID MONKEY.

type more boy. ;-)