Monday, January 18, 2010

Mr. Huizenga will see you now

Being as I have the day off, I spent a fair portion of the morning flipping around the channels. Actually, I spent a fair portion of the morning asleep but the portion that I was awake was spent flipping around the channels. This activity was for no real reason; I didn't want to watch TV and certainly wasn't going to sit through Maury or the umpteenth airing of Sportscenter. Per usual, this was all just as well as I found only disappointment in the selections. That is until I stumbled across a rather intriguing title in the guide, The Whale That Ate the Jews.

(Now who doesn't love the Jews? Okay, maybe the Nazis. And I suppose large swathes of the world, in general. And Al-Quaeda isn't really that gear on all things hasidic. But as for me, I'm a-OK with God's chosen people and generally defer to His wisdom on these sort of matters. Plus, I'm pretty sure the Jews own the interwebs.)

So natch, I does a double take and figure that even if this turns out to be nothing more than a sequel to The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh, it's worth a look. Turns out I misread the title. It was actually The Whale That Ate Jaws. I don't know about you, but that's more like snooze city to your beloved correspondent. Never been much of a fan of Jaws and the fact there's only one killer whale movie that matters, Orca, pretty much speaks volumes.

Speaking of the Jews...I really should get back to my Orange Bowl tale.

No comments: